Monday, March 25, 2013

Water Heaters and Mummified Mice

We had a showing on our apartment on Saturday, keep in mind our lease expires at the end of June! So we took the cats to the house, they weren't allowed out of their carriers. I spent the day straightening the vampire stakes and Kevin made an attempt at finishing the water heater.
CUTENESS! Freya put herself into her carrier


The reason I say attempted is because the flex line we got had a leak and you can't seal them with the goop.....Oh no, I just remembered I forgot the goop at the house and will be making another run there once I post this >.< To the right is the set up with the rigid gas line. You would've thought I'd remember to grab the stuff when I went downstairs to take that picture.

The vent line for the water heater. We will be having a built in bench covering it so it doesn't look weird coming out the kitchen floor, which we can now finish!
It doesn't stick out that far outside the house. When we have better weather we'll be able to seal it.





 Nicely stacked stakes and lumber. What we're going to do with it all is beyond me...

Today I organized the kitchen and finished up the bedroom and now we get to decide whether or not its beneficial just to be rid of all the plaster upstairs or keep to original plan and wait.

WARNING: Another Mummified Creature Picture 







Luckily, every critter we've seen is long dead....

This mummified mouse was in the bathroom ceiling. What was most annoying is every time I tried to stuff the insulation in the garbage bag he managed to shift to the top of the pile and I had to see it about 5 times before it finally relented to be buried.



Well, so much for relaxing, I need to go get the pipe goop. Grrr, I already settled on an evening in PJs surrounded by kitties. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment