Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Dance

I was gone for most of today because my friend Liz was in the state and since her parents live in the Fox Cities it also meant I got to swing by Grandma's and give her a dozen yellow roses for Valentine's Day and got to see Marlene, albeit briefly. While I was running about Kevin got a whole bunch done on the house, and the flooring was delivered!
I received this picture at 11:34 am

The text saying the flooring had arrived came at 1:50 pm. This came by freight and they had given us a window of between 1 and 3 so they hit pretty much the middle.

At 2:31 pm this one came in

Half the floor now is rejoisted! Still need to sister the kitchen side but this is a huge step forward. Now just because I was gone doesn't mean I didn't look for house stuff. Meeting at Hobby Lobby was probably not my best move, but I did find some great curtain fabric; unfortunately, I have no idea if the amounts that I got are the right ones, but they're really pretty and I can always figure out something to do with them if they don't work.  Also we have picked out our appliances and have them sorted out. This was needed for the planning of the cabinets and countertops. I get the washer and dryer I really wanted! Total Happy Dance Time!!!

2 comments:

  1. yea for you both--whatever fabric doesn't get used can be used for placemats or some other such item. Seeing that floor was really exciting!! what amounts of fabric did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the two grays I got are 2 7/8 yards. The two greens are each 2 yards. The red and black is 1 1/2 yards (I totally forgot my bathroom scheme so this may not be a curtain after all) and the the aquas are 2 1/2 and 2 1/8 yards. I was thinking the grays would work great in the kitchen. The greens for the three windows on the front porch and the aquas for two of the upstairs windows. Especially since the big curtains in the living room have the same aqua-y color in them so if you look up the stairs it would tie in.

    ReplyDelete